Is your organization considering going "carbon neutral," joining RE100, or at least setting renewable energy usage targets? To reach any of those goals, you'll need to acquire energy attribute certificates, which are called "renewable energy certificates" - or RECs - in the United States. Since no one is born a REC expert, LevelTen Energy put together a comprehensive guide to RECs for energy procurement and sustainability managers who are exploring ways to reach their renewable energy goals.
Download the guide to learn:
- Who issues RECs and how different types of RECs are priced
- The difference between a REC and a carbon offset
- All the ways organizations can acquire RECs, with pros and cons of each
- Why corporations are choosing virtual power purchase agreements over purchasing "unbundled" RECs
- How to use RECs to make renewable energy usage claims in sustainability reports
- How RECs are accounted for in GHG emissions calculations
- Marketing best practices around renewable energy procurement
Still have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.